Saturday 26 November 2011

Launch of the Mars Science Laboratory - Curiosity!

Hello fellow bloggers! Now I don't normally post anything else on my blog, other than film stuff. But I found today so awesome that I felt I just had to write about it!

As you may or may not know, I am a NASA geek! I've been to Florida twice and have been to NASA's Kennedy Space Center more times than I can recall. I've also had the honour of experiencing, first hand, the last ever launch of the space shuttle, STS-135 in July 2011. Today has been a very eventful day in Florida, as the Mars Science Laboratory, a.k.a. the Mars Curiosity Rover, launched today from Cape Canaveral, atop an Atlas V rocket, bound for the red planet! I watched it on NASA TV today and continued watching after the launch until the end of the coverage, along with a few extra news conferences and programmes about Mars and it's future new inhabitant, Curiosity. After today, I feel even more interested in space science, planetary science and science in general and have even considered going along the path of doing something scientific in life, instead of a job in the arts, as a film director. However, I still think I'll go into the film industry, as its a possibility for me to potentially involve my interest in space and in science, by making a film about NASA for example! It's been done before (Apollo 13, Transformers: Dark of the Moon) to name but a few. So there is that cool possibility to combine science and the arts!

Well that's pretty much all I wanted to say for this post! All that's left to do to climax this awesome day is to listen to David Bowie - Is there Life on Mars, go outside and admire the red planet, assuming a clear sky of course and finally say...

GOOD LUCK CURIOSITY!!! I hope there ain't any cats on Mars...

No comments:

Post a Comment