Monday 29 August 2011

My First Blog!

So here it is, my first blog for you guys! I'll start off by saying that I am currently a student at Canterbury Christ Church University and about to enter my third and final year. I am studying geography. After university, I hope to pursue a career in the film industry, as a director. These are the first few days of, shall I say, "getting in there", in terms of meeting people, making contacts and networking with the film industry. I have also just started up a new YouTube Channel with my friend Alex Harris, who is also hoping for a career within the media. It is a joint venture into the world of YouTube, where so many things can happen...who knows what will come of it.

Before university, I went to college and before that, school. I know, pretty obvious to be honest. But I also was a part of the Royal Air Force; I joined the air cadets when I was 12 and continued for 6 years, gaining the rank of corporal. During my time in the air cadets, I had many unique opportunities to see inside the world of the Royal Air Force, including going on summer camps to RAF bases, flying the RAF aerobatic trainer aircraft, the Grob Tutor, participating in my squadron drill team and above all, making many new great friends. Overall, I gained a lot of life experience from the air cadets.

Finally, here are some of my main hobbies and interests. I am what you might call a "space geek"; I love NASA and anything spacey...excluding Kevin...I mean he's a cool actor and that but...oh you get my point. Anyway, I have been to Florida twice with the most recent time being the best; I witnessed the last ever launch of the Space Shuttle, STS-135 Space Shuttle Atlantis, which was one of the most, if not the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life! My other main hobby is of course, filmmaking. I have made a few short productions and I think now would be a good time to point out that, along with my joint YouTube channel, I also have my own, called PhilipFilmProductions.

So anyway, that's me in a few short paragraphs! I hope you will like reading my blog and I ask you to join me in my life adventure to my ultimate goal of Hollywood! God speed to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment